Thursday 14 December 2017

Rat in Mi Kitchen



My son Joe asked me to collect him from work - a nightclub in central Liverpool. So I found myself in carpark at 5.30 on a Sunday morning waiting. And waiting. The carpark was gravel, dotted with flooded potholes and very dark. Adjacent were bars, night clubs, cafes. A txt came "Im waiting to be paid" Hmmmm. Im gonna be while here I guess.You know when your mind plays trick and you start to imagine things? Well I thought that was what was happening until I realised there was indeed something moving around in the gloom. Military training tells you that full night vision takes 30 mins to accumulate, so gradually I realised what was infront of me. One, then two, five, then quickly I lost count. Rats rats and more rats, in the potholes, racing between them, under the cars, in the bins, in and out of the cafe, under my van. Everywhere. After 40 mins Joe appeared with his girlfriend. As I opened the door to let them in I said “don’t let any rats in”

No comments:

Post a Comment