Wednesday 20 December 2017

Barbie and the ManCave





My son Jack txt me.

Dad - come see Ben’s ‘man cave’.

?

Ok.


I reversed up a winding cul de sac to Ben’s house, a little tedious as the van didn't come with a reversing camera (Ive gone so long with out one now I dont think I'll bother) and eventually lined up to Ben's gateposts. I learned later that as I was doing this, Ben's wife had appeared in their garage “Ben there's a huge motorhome reversing up the drive, who the hell is it?” 

Ben let me in the man cave (a large double garage) Inside was a stove fashioned from a gas bottle, a 1960's VW campervan, two KTM dirt bikes - one Jack's, one Ben's, a workbench, tools, music. Man heaven. “Takeout & beer?” asked Ben. Our eyes met at once - a no brainer. I noticed both Jack & Ben's dirt bikes had been repaired by sewing broken parts together using cable ties, I thought it was quite abstract. After a few hours of chatting utter rubbish, boozing and feeding the stove to keep warm, Jack and I slept in the van up the driveway. I put the heating on all night for the first time and found it works a treat. Toasty.

About 8am Ben’s 4-year-old son Bob came hurtling out the house shouting “Mam sez u gotta move cos she needs to go to the doctors NOW”

Ok Bob.

Another surprise mini adventure, it's great spending time with people unexpectedly, and Im doing it more than ever now. Instead of having to return to a home, I just walk outside and its there.



The naked doll hanging in the garage however was quite disturbing...... 



No comments:

Post a Comment