Wednesday 3 January 2018

Chainsaws in the Dead of night





 After an evening at a friend’s house, I retired to my shell nearby. I had been quite cold but seemed warmer on the way to my van so I didn’t bother putting the heating on. Off to sleep instantly.


I am prone to lucid dreaming, I swear it is connected to, or because of my Epilepsy. Either way, it's both normal and common for me. I mention this because I was dreaming about hearing a chainsaw, then chasing a bloke with the said chainsaw down the road whilst swinging a spade at him. (not sure that a man armed with a chainsaw would feel threatened by a man only armed with a spade but hey)

It was one of the dreams that actually woke me up. Because I was groggy, it took me a while to realize I could indeed still hear a chainsaw?

Ok. So there actually is a chainsaw, somewhere, and it was getting closer and closer…


At 2.30am?

Yes. This is really happening.

Ok – options:

1.     Drive away?      (well, did I have three or four glasses of wine? Bad idea)

2.     Call the cops?   (even dumber)



So I got dressed to investigate, and as I opened the habitation door (wondering if I should have picked up my spade) I quickly realized it was rail workers clearing branches in the cutting nearby. At 2.30am.


Panic over. Back to sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment