Thursday 4 January 2018

He who is Late may Gnaw the Bones.




One thing I don't miss is rush hour. It's rare I drive at those times now. Instead, I travel before or after. In fact, if I do find myself in unexpected heavy traffic I now take the option to pull over and brew up until it passes. I never feel pressed for time anymore. What also helps is (ever since I worked as a postman) I always wake up at 6 am - so if I'm not already where I need to be - I travel before the rush hour. Alternatively, I travel there in the evening, find a spot, sleep, then literally drive around the corner to my destination.

I had to go to a different office the other day so this is what I did - I  arrived there about 6.30 then I decided to return to my bed and have a lie in.

NICE.



After my morning ablutions, I sauntered into work about 8.45, got breakfast in the canteen, and switched on my laptop. Here I found an 'all staff' email (that's a LOT of people) Whilst I was fast asleep my Boss had answered it for me. I'm almost famous within the college now.




 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Communications Team
Sent: 18 December 2017
Subject: Please could the owner of the motorhome parked in the XXXX car park contact Facilities
To: All XXXXXX colleagues
From: Facilities Management Team
Action: Could the owner of the motorhome parked in the XXX car park please contact XXXX XXXX
Colleagues,
If you are the owner of the motorhome that is currently parked in the XXXX car park please could you contact XXXX XXXX on 0161 XXX XXX or XXXXXXX
There is no problem with the vehicle, Facilities just need to confirm that it belongs to a member of staff.
Kind regards
Facilities Management Team


Xxxx Xxxxx
Actions
To:
Xxxx Xxxxxx
Cc:
Mike Stephens
Inbox
Monday, December 18, 2017 8:24 AM

Hi Xxxx
It belongs to one of my staff, Mike Stephens.  We will be the cccc today for training.
Xxxx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The office I go to most know who I am and that I have a motorhome, this one didn't. In an effort to avoid future confusion I headed to Facilities.

"Oh, so you're the gyppo then?" (had I possessed a Gypsy blood I might have been even more offended)

Anyway - I now place a sign on my dashboard when visiting other offices......


No comments:

Post a Comment